From humble beginnings at the ages of 15 to 18 both working as carpenter apprentices with Molem Construction, once qualified, Mark Pritchard and Glen Knight started out working together as skilled self-employed 1st & 2nd fix carpenters. In April 2006, after gaining several years experience in sub-contracting to Main contractors of medium to large construction projects, Mark & Glen set-up and established Apex Construction (Southern) Ltd.
Apex now has built a strong management team of construction professionals with combined knowledge and experience of the building and construction industry in excess of 60 years. We currently employ a workforce of approx. 35 NVQ qualified sub-contract skilled carpenters and 10 NVQ Level 1, 2, 3 – 1st and 2nd fix carpentry apprentices.
Working in close collaboration with clients to deliver excellence and high standards of construction.
Our operating philosophy that guides the way we work is based on a set of principles and values that we expect all our staff members to adopt in working within our organisation or with our customers, consultants and supply chain partners.
- Teamwork – working collaboratively with a “can and will do” attitude.
- Empowerment – our people are responsible and accountable for what they do. We empower them to ensure they can achieve the high standards placed upon them.
- Professionalism – being professional and adopting best practice in every aspect of our work.
- Integrity – building trust through our communications and actions conducted in an honest, fair and reliable way.
- Relationships – forming long lasting partnerships through operating with an efficient, respectful and collaborative approach.
- Improvement – seeking continuous professional development and improvement in all that we do.
- Performance – achieving the highest expectations placed upon us and delivering a quality service.
Apex Construction (Southern) Ltd has worked on several developments and has performed efficiently on those projects. Mark Pritchard and Glen Knight are always eager to help even if this means carrying out works not generally included within their trade's package to jobs along. In Partiicular the latest project they were involved in was a complicated refurbishment job that most contractors tend to muddle through, to the contrary Mark and Glens' men have applied themselves well and completed the job to a very good standard.
I would have no hesitation in employing Apex for any future project.Glenn Davies - Brightwater Projects